› 7.8B mobile devices
› 15B Daily Video Views
› 270B App downloads
› 65% of TV's Connected
› 34B iOT Devices
Agents of Play has compiled these Unstoppable Tech Stats to help us all grasp the reality of technology proliferation and its impact on people and business. The industrial revolution propelled the world forward, the internet revolution brought information to all, over 7 billion mobile devices quickly became necessity and now we enter the Internet of Things (iOT) Revolution where over 30 billion connected devices will flood the planet by 2020.
• Worldwide population is 7.3 billion
• The internet has 3.17 billion users
• 1 million new active mobile social users are added every day. That’s 12 each second
• Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
• Facebook: 1.71 billion users
• Instagram: 400 million users
• LinkedIn: 450 million users
• Snapchat: 100 million users
• Twitter: 320 million users
• Wechat: 1.12 billion users
• Youtube: Over 1 billion users
iOT + Connected Device Stats
• There will be 34 billion devices connected to the internet by 2020, up from 10 billion in 2015.
• Nearly $6 trillion will be spent on IoT solutions over the next five years.
• Businesses will be the #1 adopter of IoT solutions. Businesses see three ways the IoT can improve their bottom line by
1) lowering operating costs;
2) increasing productivity;
3) expanding to new markets or developing new product offerings.
"The Internet of Things (IoT) has been labeled as "the next Industrial Revolution" because of the way it will change the way people live, work, entertain, and travel, as well as how governments and businesses interact with the world."
Source: BI Intelligence 2016